Timetable & Pick-up Location
Venice to Rome via Bologna
Route runs between 05 May - 04 Oct, 2020. Next departure is on Tue, 5 May.
- 08:00amVenice pick-up
- 15:30pm Rome drop-off
Coach meeting point
PLUS Camping Jolly Via Giuseppe de Marchi, 7, 30175 Venezia VE, Italy
Busabout hand picks accommodation partners based on strict requirements to ensure our customers get the best possible experience.
Activities & Day Tours
Must See & Do in Venice
Arriving in Venice is like stepping into a surreal never-never land. Where most cities have car-choked roads and impenetrable one-way systems, Venice has gondolas, vaporetti sestieri (water buses) and a labyrinthine network of canals. With quaint little streets, narrow footbridges, colourful houses and grandiose buildings, you could spend days wandering around and still be captivated and enchanted at every turn!
Top things to see
- Piazza San Marco The main square in town, framed by the basilica, Doge’s palace, and of course, pigeons.
- Grand Canal The largest of all the waterways, and a major traffic corridor.
- Gondola ride Experience Venice by boat!
- Ponte dei Pugni/The Bridge of Fists The site of a giant annual medieval fist fight.
- Murano and Burano Picturesque islands make an easy day trip from Venice.
FOODS TO TRY:
Seafood is the order of the day for the lagoon dwelling Venetians, and there are a number of unusual crustaceans to be found here. Moleche are small green crabs eaten in the springtime after they shed their shells. If that’s a bit much, opt for the classic Risi e Bisi, or rice and peas, halfway between risotto and soup.
Libreria Acqua Alta
Piles of books in bathtubs, waterproof bins, and even a gondola. Possibly the most beautiful bookstore in the world, Acqua Alta seems unphased by the ever present threat that water poses to the merchandise. Stray cats which have decided to call the store home complete the picture.