Our coach will pick-up and drop-off passengers from:
PLUS Camping Roma Via Aurelia, 831 (km 8,2) 00165, Rome, Italy
|Trip runs between 07 May - 14 Oct, 2018 in every 2 days.|
Must See & Do
An epic, monumental metropolis, Rome has been in the spotlight for close on 3,000 years. As the showcase centre of the Roman Empire, it was the all-powerful caput mundi (capital of the world). Later, as the Renaissance capital of the Catholic world, its name sent shivers of holy terror through believers and infidels alike. Some 500 years on and its name still exerts a powerful hold. Fortunately, the reality is every bit as enticing as the reputation. With its architectural and artistic treasures, its romantic corners and noisy markets, Rome is a city that knows how to impress.
FOODS TO TRY:
Carbonara, Amatriciana and Cacio e Pepe
Roman food is some of the best in Italy, but if you need a starting point try the holy trinity of Roman pasta- smoked pork and pecorino carbonara, spicy tomato based amatriciana, or deceptively simple pecorina and black pepper cacio e pepe.
This former working class neighbourhood was home to the largest slaughterhouse in Europe for decades, and as such some of the best food in town is still to be found there. Not to mention they pyramid older than the Colosseum, graves of John Keats and Percy Shelley, and mountain of ancient pots.
- Colosseum The most recognisable stadium in the world, where Ancient Romans came to be entertained.
- Roman Forum and Palatine Hill The ruins of the centre of Ancient Roman social life and some of the wealthiest villas.
- Vatican Museum and St. Peter's Basilica The smallest country in the world, and the largest church. The centre of Roman Catholicism.
- Trevi Fountain Baroque Rome comes alive at this iconic fountain, where you must be sure to throw a coin in to ensure your return to Rome.
- Pantheon The Romans greatest architectural achievement, a religious monument in constant use for the past 2,000 years.
Hop-on Hop-off Passes
Already booked? Go to MyTrip and start your journey
Want to know more about how the Hop-on Hop-off network works? Check out some of the frequently asked questions to help you out.