Timetable & Pick-up Location
Coach meeting point
Hostel Ruthensteiner Robert-Hamerling-Gasse 24, 1150 Wien, Austria
Busabout hand picks accommodation partners based on strict requirements to ensure our customers get the best possible experience.
Activities & Day Tours
Winery Bike Tour
The Wachau Valley, Austria’s most famous wine region along the Danube River — is just an hour away from Vienna. On our day trip from Vienna, we catch the train to Krems and ride on fl at paths surrounded by terraced vineyards. After an optional lunch, we spend the afternoon learning about Austria’s wine, wine tasting in traditional and family-owned taverns. Along the way we visit charming Austrian villages before arriving back in Krems and returning to Vienna by train.
Operated by Vienna Explorer
- Busabout Price: €69
- Normal Price: €75
Vienna Bike Tour
Our three-hour fl at terrain bike ride takes you to the most famous sights surrounding the Old Town. Cruise along the famous Ring Boulevard, and ride through the old Habsburg hunting area in the Prater Park with its landmark Ferris wheel. See sights like the Hofb urg Palace, Heroes Square, City Hall and Opera House. This ride is not to be missed!
Operated by Vienna Explorer
- Busabout Price: €34
- Normal Price: €35
Must See & Do in Vienna
Vienna is a city that straddles both the past and present with ease. No other city effortlessly combines a rich history that has left behind such remarkable gifts as the gothic Stephansdom with contemporary gems such as the Leopold Museum or the Museums Quarter.
Top things to see
- State Opera House Vienna is famous for opera, and the Vienna State Opera is the place to see it.
- Museums Quarter and its museums Some of the greatest art in the world, but especially from notable Austrians like Gustav Klimt and Egon Schiele, is to be found in the many museums here.
- The Hofburg Palace and its Museums The main residence of the Habsburgs today has special museums like the Spanish Riding School and apartments of the Empress Sisi
- Schonbrunn Palace The summer house of the Habsburg Emperors, with beautiful gardens to explore
- Prater Amusement Park Make like Orson Welles and ride the oldest Ferris Wheel in the world, or just enjoy a stroll on a sunny day.
FOODS TO TRY:
Literally: Viennese schnitzel- a very thin piece of pork that is crumbed and fried, normally served alongside potatoes. You might want to wash it down with an Austrian Almdudler, kind of like a cream soda.
The Austrian National Library
One of the world’s major libraries, former library of the Habsburg court- what more could you ask for? Look for the two beautiful Venetian baroque globes, and the library employees slipping through concealed passages hidden behind bookcases.