Timetable & Pick-up Location
Split to Venice
Route runs between 13 May - 04 Oct, 2020. Next departure is on Wed, 13 May.
- 08:00amSplit pick-up
- 19:00pm Venice drop-off
Coach meeting point
Design Hostel Goli & Bosi Morpurgova poljana 2, 21000, Split, Croatia
Busabout hand picks accommodation partners based on strict requirements to ensure our customers get the best possible experience.
Activities & Day Tours
Must See & Do in Split
Wandering the streets of Old Town Split will make you feel as if you have been transported back in time, to when the Romans settled along the shores of Dalmatia. The Old Town is located within the Roman Emperor Diocletian’s Palace and today it is a living museum, alive with locals going about their business, cafes, pumping bars, trendy restaurants and many sights within. This is one hot destination you don’t want to miss with its slow paced, relaxed Mediterranean vibe and a lot to offer visitors. Split is also the perfect place in which to go Croatia sailing and visit all the nearby spectacular islands.
Top things to see
- Diocletian’s Palace The remains of the Roman emperor’s palace form the basis of Split’s pedestrianised old town.
- Shopping at the markets You’ll find a daily market near the wharf, a fish market in the old town, and more stalls in the cellars of Diocletian’s Palace.
- People watching on the Riva The oceanfront promenade, full of restaurants and coffee shops.
- Varos and Marjan Hill Quiet, winding streets in Veli Varos lead eventually to the equally peaceful Marjan Hill, where you can see as far as some of the islands offshore.
- Bacvice Beach A nice beach a short walk from the old town.
FOODS TO TRY:
A stewed beef dish cooked in sauce that originated in Dalmatia. It’s a very time consuming process to prepare it, involving marinating the meat overnight and cooking for up to five hours. It’s served with some kind of pasta or gnocchi.
No terrace offers a better view than this, the whole of Split laid out before you - and islands beyond - from atop the Marjan peninsula.