Our coach will pick-up and drop-off passengers from:
Backpackers Lucerne Alpenquai 42, 6005 Luzern, Switzerland
|Trip runs between 09 May - 16 Oct, 2018 in every 2 days.
Next departure from Lucerne to Munich is on Wed, 9 May.
Must See & Do
Recipe for a gorgeous Swiss city: take a cobalt lake ringed by mountains of myth, add a medieval old town and sprinkle with covered bridges, sunny plazas, candy coloured houses and waterfront promenades. Lucerne is bright, beautiful and has been Little Miss Popular since the 19th century.
FOODS TO TRY:
A puff-pastry shell filled with diced veal and mushrooms in a creamy sauce.
Lucerne’s main prison was converted into a hotel… with a bare minimum of changes. Choose from a tiny, one cell room, to the luxury suite of the warden’s office!
- Lion Monument This monument to the Swiss Guards killed in the French revolution was said to be"the most mournful and moving piece of stone in the world” by Mark Twain.
- Lake Lucerne The fourth largest lake in the country, and the lake with the greatest scenic variety due to it’s unusual shape.
- Kapellbrücke / Chapel Bridge The Kapellbrücke is a covered wooden footbridge spanning diagonally across the Reuss river in the middle of Lucerne.
- Swiss Transport Museum Switzerland’s most popular museum, dedicated to transport and communications.
- Golden Round Trip A day taking in the highlights around Lucerne in 5 different modes of transport (and a mountain!), including a boat trip on Lake Lucerne and a ride on the world’s steepest rack and pinion railway.
Hop-on Hop-off Passes
Already booked? Go to MyTrip and start your journey
The best value option
for shorter trips.
- 1 Week to 3 Month Passes Available
- Full access to MyTrip vacation planner
- Travel between any of the 47 Destinations
- Free Itinerary Planning Service
The unlimited flexible option for
the independent traveller.
- Unlimited travel from May until October 2018
- Our Worldwide Top Selling Pass
- Unbeatable value for longer trips
- And includes everything featured in Timed Passes
Want to know more about how the Hop-on Hop-off network works? Check out some of the frequently asked questions to help you out.