Timetable & Pick-up Location
Coach meeting point
Backpackers Lucerne Alpenquai 42, 6005 Luzern, Switzerland
Busabout hand picks accommodation partners based on strict requirements to ensure our customers get the best possible experience.
Activities & Day Tours
Must See & Do in Lucerne
Recipe for a gorgeous Swiss city: take a cobalt lake ringed by mountains of myth, add a medieval old town and sprinkle with covered bridges, sunny plazas, candy coloured houses and waterfront promenades. Lucerne is bright, beautiful and has been Little Miss Popular since the 19th century.
Top things to see
- Lion Monument This monument to the Swiss Guards killed in the French revolution was said to be"the most mournful and moving piece of stone in the world” by Mark Twain.
- Lake Lucerne The fourth largest lake in the country, and the lake with the greatest scenic variety due to it’s unusual shape.
- Kapellbrücke / Chapel Bridge The Kapellbrücke is a covered wooden footbridge spanning diagonally across the Reuss river in the middle of Lucerne.
- Swiss Transport Museum Switzerland’s most popular museum, dedicated to transport and communications.
- Golden Round Trip A day taking in the highlights around Lucerne in 5 different modes of transport (and a mountain!), including a boat trip on Lake Lucerne and a ride on the world’s steepest rack and pinion railway.
FOODS TO TRY:
A puff-pastry shell filled with diced veal and mushrooms in a creamy sauce.
Lucerne’s main prison was converted into a hotel… with a bare minimum of changes. Choose from a tiny, one cell room, to the luxury suite of the warden’s office!