Timetable & Pick-up Location
Coach meeting point
Ad Hoc Hostel Cankarjevo nabrežje 27, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Busabout hand picks accommodation partners based on strict requirements to ensure our customers get the best possible experience.
Activities & Day Tours
Must See & Do in Ljubljana
Slovenia’s capital has been voted as one of Europe's greenest and most liveable cities more than once. The emerald green Ljubljanica River curves through the heart of the Old Town, that was creatively designed by the famous architect Jože Plečnik with funky bridges and a castle that towers over the people wandering the streets below. In summer, cafes are set up along the lush river bank and the jewel box city really pops open and comes alive. Over 50,000 students live here, creating a huge clubbing and cultural scene, along with loads of museums and art galleries, so there’s something for everyone to enjoy!
Top things to see
- Ljubljana Castle A mighty medieval fortress and castle complex situated on Castle Hill, overlooking the city.
- The Dragon Bridge and the Triple Bridge Two of the most famous and unique bridges crossing the Ljubljanica River.
- The Sunday Morning Flea Market Every Sunday morning there are treasures to be found amongst this huge assortment of antiques and bric-a-brac.
- Metelkova Abandoned barracks turned urban squat in the centre of Slovenia’s alternative culture scene.
- Tovarna Rog A former bike factory, this squat hosts many collective and creative spaces, as well as help for disadvantaged groups.
FOODS TO TRY:
The horse burgers served up at this food shack in Tivoli Park since are probably going to be a burger you talk about for awhile.
Just over the railroad tracks from the historic center of Ljubljana, you can take a stroll, run your dog, or go on a romantic picnic in the gorgeous (if not a little morbid) final resting place of notable Slovenian writers, politicians, religious leaders, and innovators, some of whom died over 200 years ago.