Our coach will pick-up and drop-off passengers from:
Ostello Bello Lake Como Viale Fratelli Rosselli, 9, 22100 Como CO, Italy
|Trip runs between 08 May - 15 Oct, 2018 in every 2 days.
Next departure from Lake Como to Swiss Alps is on Tue, 8 May.
Must See & Do
Rumour has it that Pliny the Elder loved Lake Como so much he built a villa on the lakeside so he could fish directly from the window. George Clooney is a well-known local here and Richard Branson has apparently secured himself a lakeside pad. Many films, including Casino Royale and Oceans Twelve have been shot here. So if you fancy a bit of celeb spotting or you’ve always wanted to pretend that you’re in a Bond film, this is the place for you. Even if you aren’t an autograph chaser, you must be curious by now about why this stretch of water holds such appeal.... We bet that one look at the cypress covered hillsides, the glimmering lake and the beautiful villas will leave you swooning.
FOODS TO TRY:
Fritto misto de lago
Although the food around Lake Como is based not just on the fish from the lake, but also the game and produce from the mountains, it’s still hard to go past the fried mix of lake fish when you’re there.
This neoclassical monument and museum is dedicated to the life and work of the Italian physicist and inventor of the modern battery, Allessandro Volta. He was born in Como in 1745, and the temple houses a collection of Volta’s original papers, letters, and instruments.
- Explore the Lake The main attraction is the lake itself! Whether you want to admire the views from the surrounding hills, or ferry it across the water to one of the many towns, you won’t run out of things to do.
- Funicular Railway Take the funicular up to Brunate for shady walks and gorgeous views.
- Como Cathedral Four hundred years in the making, this is the most important religious building around.
- Villa Carlotta (Tremezzo) A beautiful and historic villa and botanic garden in the town of Tremezzo, it now functions as a museum with an impressive art collection.
- Teatro Sociale This local theatre has hosted some of Italian music's most prolific composers.
Hop-on Hop-off Passes
Already booked? Go to MyTrip and start your journey
The best value option
for shorter trips.
- 1 Week to 3 Month Passes Available
- Full access to MyTrip vacation planner
- Travel between any of the 47 Destinations
- Free Itinerary Planning Service
The unlimited flexible option for
the independent traveller.
- Unlimited travel from May until October 2018
- Our Worldwide Top Selling Pass
- Unbeatable value for longer trips
- And includes everything featured in Timed Passes
Want to know more about how the Hop-on Hop-off network works? Check out some of the frequently asked questions to help you out.