|Trip runs between 06 May - 13 Oct, 2018 in every 2 days.
Next departure from Bologna to Rome is on Sun, 6 May.
Must See & Do
This beautiful brick terracotta-roofed city won't take long to charm you. One of the lesser-known Italian cities to tourists, it really is a foodie's paradise; balsamic vinegar, parmesan and Bolognese all originated here after all! The town centre is characterised by historic covered walkways called 'porticos', some of the most well preserved in Europe. Enjoy the lively atmosphere created by the student population, and experience the nightlife and theatre.
FOODS TO TRY:
If you're wanting to try the authentic Italian version of Spaghetti Bolognese, this is it. The best place to get it is Osteria dell'Orsa, but note it won't be listed on the menu - you'll have to ask! They serve it fresh every night, and you might want to get there early to avoid standing in the line with all the locals.
Located in the village of Sant’Agata Bolognese (35km from Bologna), this museum traces the illustrious history of Lamborghini, and displays a huge amount of their prestigious cars.
- Museo della Storia di Bologna Excellent interactive museum covering the 2500 year history of Bologna. You will enter a history novice but leave an expert in the cities rich and varied past.
- Visit Via Zamboni and have Appertivo The concept of apertivo is that you buy a drink, and then you are allowed to take a plate of food from a buffet the bar has set up. So essentially it is a drink with free food and Bologna is one of the best spots for this in Italy. Just head to Via Zamboni from 6pm to late (times when appertivo is on) which is lined with Apertivo places and choose which one appeals to you most.
- Visit Quadrilatero This district is the original site of the roman settlement and is a great place for a wander with its market stalls, happening cafes and lavishly stocked gourmet delis.
- Climb the Torre Asinelli This is one of Bologna’s many towers and the highest leaning tower in Italy. (Believe it or not, Italy’s highest leaning tower is not in Pisa!). The views from the top are sensational and well worth the climb.
Hop-on Hop-off Passes
Already booked? Go to MyTrip and start your journey
The best value option
for shorter trips.
- 2 Week to 3 Month Passes Available
- Full access to MyTrip vacation planner
- Travel between any of the 47 Destinations
- Free Itinerary Planning Service
The unlimited flexible option for
the independent traveller.
- Unlimited travel from May until October 2018
- Our Worldwide Top Selling Pass
- Unbeatable value for longer trips
- And includes everything featured in Timed Passes
Want to know more about how the Hop-on Hop-off network works? Check out some of the frequently asked questions to help you out.