Our coach will pick-up and drop-off passengers from:
Bern Backpackers Hotel and Hostel Glocke Rathausgasse 75, 3011 Bern, Switzerland
|Trip runs between 29 May - 28 Sep, 2018 in every 2 days.
Next departure from Bern to Swiss Alps is on Tue, 29 May.
Must See & Do
One of the planet's most underrated capitals, Bern is fabulous. With the genteel, old soul of a Renaissance man and the heart of a high-flying 21st-century gal, this riverside city is both medieval and modern. The 15th-century old town is gorgeous enough to sweep you off your feet and make you forget the century (it's definitely worthy of its UNESCO World Heritage site protection order). But edgy vintage boutiques, artsy-intellectual bars and Renzo Piano's futuristic art museum crammed with Paul Klee pieces slams you firmly back into the present.
FOODS TO TRY:
A meat overload, this traditional plate features ham, bacon, ribs, pork knuckle, sauerkraut, beans, potatoes and marrow. On 5 March, 1798, the Bernese defeated the French army, and held a great feast to celebrate. This was it.
The place to go for z’vieri (the Swiss 4pm snack break) to enjoy a coffee and an oddly named ‘Meh-he-he’ sandwich.
- Bern's Bear Park/Bärenpark Bern has a thing with bears, to the point that they decided to have some real ones living in the middle of the city.
- Public Fountains With more than 100 of them in the city, Bern seems to take pride in having especially quirky fountains. Look out for the child eater, the musician with a monkey, the dude with a sword...
- Clock tower/Zytglogge This medieval tower, the first western city gate, has served as guard tower, prison, clock tower, and all around centre of urban life. It’s worth waiting for the show on the astronomical clock.
- Parliament Square A gathering place in the heart of the city, it also holds a twice weekly market.
- Einstein Museum A look at both the private and professional aspects of Einstein’s life as well as the larger issues of his lifetime.
Hop-on Hop-off Passes
Already booked? Go to MyTrip and start your journey
The best value option
for shorter trips.
- 1 Week to 3 Month Passes Available
- Full access to MyTrip vacation planner
- Travel between any of the 47 Destinations
- Free Itinerary Planning Service
The unlimited flexible option for
the independent traveller.
- Unlimited travel from May until October 2018
- Our Worldwide Top Selling Pass
- Unbeatable value for longer trips
- And includes everything featured in Timed Passes
Want to know more about how the Hop-on Hop-off network works? Check out some of the frequently asked questions to help you out.