Timetable & Pick-up Location
Coach meeting point
HO36 Hostel (formerly named ‘POP Hostel) 17 Rue de la République, 84000 Avignon, France
Busabout hand picks accommodation partners based on strict requirements to ensure our customers get the best possible experience.
Activities & Day Tours
Stone Monuments Tour
This is a half day tour that takes in the very best of the Provence region. First head to Saint Remy de Provence for a photo stop at the Antiques, then onto Les Baux de Provence, a village located high up on a rock with its stunning 16th century Romanesque buildings. Lastly we’ll visit the famous site of the Pont du Gard, classified by UNESCO as the most wellpreserved part of the Roman acqueduct that dates from the first century.
Operated by Provence Reservation
- Busabout Price: €60
- Normal Price: N/A
Must See & Do in Avignon
Surrounded by 4.3km of superbly preserved stone ramparts, this graceful city is the belle of Provence's ball. Famed for its annual performing-arts festival and its fabled bridge, the Pont St-Bénezet (aka the Pont d'Avignon), Avignon is an ideal spot from which to step out into the surrounding region.
Top things to see
- Saint-Bénézet Bridge The infamous ‘bridge to nowhere’, named for the sheperd boy Benezet
- Palais des Papes The world’s largest Gothic edifice, this palace housed the rebel ‘anti-Popes’ for around 60 years
- Notre-Dame des Doms The city’s cathedral, built in the 12th century.
- Jardin du Rocher des Doms Lush, English style public gardens in the heart of the city, offering a view over the countryside and Rhone river.
- Musee Angladon 18th century building displaying the paintings and furniture of couturier Jacques Doucet, a pioneer of high fashion and patron of the arts.
FOODS TO TRY:
Anything from the surrounding Provence region!
La Vache a Carreaux
A restaurant where every dish is cheese related, and some even revolve around it: think camembert baked with garlic and white wine.