Our coach will pick-up and drop-off passengers from:
HO36 Hostel (formerly named ‘POP Hostel) 17 Rue de la République, 84000 Avignon, France
Must See & Do
Surrounded by 4.3km of superbly preserved stone ramparts, this graceful city is the belle of Provence's ball. Famed for its annual performing-arts festival and its fabled bridge, the Pont St-Bénezet (aka the Pont d'Avignon), Avignon is an ideal spot from which to step out into the surrounding region.
FOODS TO TRY:
Anything from the surrounding Provence region!
La Vache a Carreaux
A restaurant where every dish is cheese related, and some even revolve around it: think camembert baked with garlic and white wine.
- Saint-Bénézet Bridge The infamous ‘bridge to nowhere’, named for the sheperd boy Benezet
- Palais des Papes The world’s largest Gothic edifice, this palace housed the rebel ‘anti-Popes’ for around 60 years
- Notre-Dame des Doms The city’s cathedral, built in the 12th century.
- Jardin du Rocher des Doms Lush, English style public gardens in the heart of the city, offering a view over the countryside and Rhone river.
- Musee Angladon 18th century building displaying the paintings and furniture of couturier Jacques Doucet, a pioneer of high fashion and patron of the arts.
Hop-on Hop-off Passes
Already booked? Go to MyTrip and start your journey
Want to know more about how the Hop-on Hop-off network works? Check out some of the frequently asked questions to help you out.