Our coach will pick-up and drops-off passengers from:
YOHO's International Youth Hostel Salzburg
|Trip runs between 13 May - 06 Oct, 2018 in every 2 days.
Next departure from Salzburg to Vienna is on Sun, 13 May.
⇢ 1 optional stop in this trip
Must See & Do
The joke 'if it's baroque, don't fix it' is a perfect maxim for Salzburg; the tranquil Old Town burrowed in below steep hills looks as much as it did when Mozart lived here 250 years ago. Its cobbled streets are overshadowed by ornate 17th-century buildings, which are in turn dominated by the medieval Hohensalzburg fortress from high above. Across the fast-flowing Salzach River rests the baroque Schloss Mirabell, surrounded by gorgeous manicured gardens.
FOODS TO TRY:
A light and fluffy dessert, similar to meringue, meant to imitate the shape of the mountainous region around Salzburg.
Saint Sebastian’s Cemetery
This 15th century cemetery is home to some big celebrities- Mozart’s wife and father, and Wolf Dietrich, whose salt mines made Salzburg rich. But it’s the creep factor that is most interesting. Skulls abound - including winged skulls, skulls with snakes emerging from their eye sockets, skulls on which angels prop themselves, skulls with hourglasses, skulls with a pick and axe for miner’s graves, and skulls that hold holy water.
- Hohensalzburg Fortress A fortress atop Festungsberg hill, one of the largest medieval castles in Europe.
- Mirabell Palace A UNESCO heritage listed palace and gardens, where scenes from The Sound of Music were filmed.
- Hellbrunn Palace A baroque villa of the Salzburg Prince-Archbishops with beautiful grounds and trick fountains.
- Hangar #7 Hangar belonging to the owner of Red Bull with a collection of 25 historical airplanes, helicopters and Formula One racing cars.
- The Salzburger Dom 17th century Baroque cathedral of Salzburg.
Hop-on Hop-off Passes
Already booked? Go to MyTrip and start your journey
The best value option
for shorter trips.
- 2 Week to 3 Month Passes Available
- Full access to MyTrip vacation planner
- Travel between any of the 47 Destinations
- Free Itinerary Planning Service
The unlimited flexible option for
the independent traveller.
- Unlimited travel from May until October 2018
- Our Worldwide Top Selling Pass
- Unbeatable value for longer trips
- And includes everything featured in Timed Passes
Want to know more about how the Hop-on Hop-off network works? Check out some of the frequently asked questions to help you out.