Pick-up and drop-off details coming soon.
|Trip runs between 05 Jun - 05 Oct, 2018 in every 2 days.
Next departure from Bordeaux to Paris is on Tue, 5 Jun.
⇢ 1 optional stop in this trip
Must See & Do
The new millennium was a major turning point for the city long known as La Belle au Bois Dormant (Sleeping Beauty), when the mayor, ex-Prime Minister Alain Juppé, roused Bordeaux, pedestrianising its boulevards, restoring its neoclassical architecture, and implementing a high-tech public-transport system. His efforts paid off: in mid-2007 half of the entire city was UNESCO-listed, making it the largest urban World Heritage Site. Bolstered by its students and some 2.5 million tourists annually, La Belle Bordeaux now scarcely seems to sleep at all.
FOODS TO TRY:
Canele de Bordeaux
A small pastry flavoured with rum and vanilla, with a thick custardy centre and dark caramelised crust. The story goes that they originated near Bordeaux as a result of all the excess egg yolks left over after the egg whites had been used in the winemaking process.
Marche des Capucins
The belly of Bordeaux. The largest market in town is where you will find bread, cheese, pastries, fish, specialty products and more.
- Musee de Beaux Arts The Fine Arts museum housing mainly French and Dutch art.
- Cathedrale Saint-André Bordeaux’s cathedral saw the marriage of Eleanor of Aquitaine and Louis VII in 1137, and is notable for its freestanding bell tower.
- La Cite du Vin A newly opened museum and exhibition space all about wine in the heart of Bordeaux.
- Cimetiere de la Chartreuse The oldest and largest burial site in Bordeaux, it’s a wonderful place for a peaceful walk.
- Jardin Public Where all of Bordeaux comes to stroll, jog, drink, or just enjoy nature.
Hop-on Hop-off Passes
Already booked? Go to MyTrip and start your journey
The best value option
for shorter trips.
- 2 Week to 3 Month Passes Available
- Full access to MyTrip vacation planner
- Travel between any of the 47 Destinations
- Free Itinerary Planning Service
The unlimited flexible option for
the independent traveller.
- Unlimited travel from May until October 2018
- Our Worldwide Top Selling Pass
- Unbeatable value for longer trips
- And includes everything featured in Timed Passes
Want to know more about how the Hop-on Hop-off network works? Check out some of the frequently asked questions to help you out.