Edinburgh & the Highlands
The world has New Year, Scotland has Hogmanay! We Scots know how to have a great time but it’s our celebration on New Year's Eve that sets the standard. This is the biggest party of them all.
Forget the alternatives. If you want to see in the New Year in style then come to Edinburgh, the home of HAGGiS. This is a city that knows how to party and it is now widely agreed Edinburgh is probably one of the most happening places to be on 31st December. A celebration that has to be experienced at least once, it doesn't get much better than this.
- Tickets to the Edinburgh Street Party
- Your legendary local HAGGiS Guide
- City centre Accommodation
- The best tips to get the most out of your celebrations
- Watch the Torchlight Procession
- Exclusive HAGGiS Ceilidh night
- Kiwi & Aussie New Year
- No-one really knows where the word for Hogmanay came from...it just sounds good we think.....
- In the past it was the equivalent of our Christmas
- Our song 'Auld Lang Syne' is THE most sung song in the English language. Woohoo!
I was pretty surprised at how much I loved the Scottish traditional dancing!"