Our coach will pick-up and drop-off passengers from:
Purple Nest Hostel Plaça de Tetuan, 5, 46003 València, Valencia, Spain
Valencia Optional Activities & Excursions
Valencia Bike Tour
A bike tour is by far the best way to discover Valencia, its streets, squares, monuments and most important historical sites as well as its newest landmark: The City of Arts & Sciences. You have the opportunity to take pictures, experience history, and feel a warm sea breeze on your face whilst passing through the old and new Valencia and its beautiful Turia gardens, located in a former riverbed.
- Company: VALENCIA BIKES
- Tour Name: Valencia Bike Tour
- Busabout Price: €25
- Normal Price: N/A
Must See & Do
Valencia is where paella first simmered over a wood fire. It's a vibrant, friendly, mildly chaotic place with two outstanding fine-arts museums, an accessible old quarter, Europe's newest cultural and scientific complex – and an exciting nightlife scene.
FOODS TO TRY:
Valencia is the spiritual home of paella, a huge dish of rice, meats, veggies, and spices. It’s cooked in a large, flat, round pan or paellera. Recipes vary greatly, and often include seafood, but traditional Valencian paella consists of white rice, green beans, chicken, rabbit, white beans, snails and the essential ingredient- saffron. Many of the ingredients, like saffron and rice, were originally brought over from North Africa by the Moors, and so paella is an important dish in Valencian culture which symbolises their heritage. You might want to wash it down with an ice cold horchata (a creamy drink made from ground tiger nuts).
The street art lining the walls of El Carmen is made with so much more than just spray paint, using mixed media, fine paints and more. It’s one of the most colourful areas to wander around, and although not permitted by the government, the art is good enough that they normally look the other way.
- Turia Riverbed This dried up riverbed has a new leaf on life as a giant public park and recreation area.
- Bull Fighting Ring This Colosseum inspired arena is where the Spanish bullfighting season kicks off every March.
- Old Port Host of the America’s Cup and European Grand Prix, and next to the local beach and best paella places at Las Arenas.
- City of Arts and Science Controversial cultural architectural complex and one of the 12 Treasures of Spain.
- Plaza de la Reina The city’s busiest square and gateway to many attractions.
Hop-on Hop-off Passes
Already booked? Go to MyTrip and start your journey
Want to know more about how the Hop-on Hop-off network works? Check out some of the frequently asked questions to help you out.