Our coach will pick-up and drop-off passengers from:
Hostel La Salle Tras de Santa Clara, 15704 Santiago de Compostela, Spain
|Santiago de Compostela
|Trip runs between 04 Jun - 04 Oct, 2018 in every 2 days.|
Must See & Do
This famous pilgrimage site draws more than 250,000 visitors each year, and it's not difficult to see why. With its great cultural significance and extraordinarily well-preserved romanesque architecture and surroundings, the Santiago Old Town was listed by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site. Visit the cathedral, sample some tapas in the local taverns and get lost within the numerous archways and stone streets within this historic city.
FOODS TO TRY:
Tarta de Santiago
This soft almond cake is covered with powdered sugar, and usually features an imprint of the cross of Santiago. This treat goes perfectly with a hot cup of coffee!
Hike Monte Pedroso
Take advantage of one of the beautiful hiking trails close to the city. Monte Pedroso is a good climb for newcomers, northwest of the Old Town and just an hour long; the panoramic views from the summit are breathtaking.
- The Cathedral of Santiago de Compostela Considered by many to be the heart of Santiago, this towering cathedral is free to enter, or for a small fee you can climb to the roof for a view of the city.
- The Museum Cathedral While visiting the cathedral you can find the museum inside, spanning four floor of religious art, tapestries, and a medievil stone choir.
- San Francisco Convent Once used to house monks in the 18th century, this building now serves as a hotel and restaurant with delicious food and unique architecture.
- Alameda Park This park has excellent views of the cathedral and Old Town, and is a peaceful retreat from the hustle and bustle of the city.
- Praza de Abastos (City Market) This is one of the most popular markets in Spain, where you can find fresh seafoods, vegetables and meat from local suppliers and enjoy the atmosphere.
Hop-on Hop-off Passes
Already booked? Go to MyTrip and start your journey
Want to know more about how the Hop-on Hop-off network works? Check out some of the frequently asked questions to help you out.