No results were found!!View the Network Map
Must See & Do
The rare beauty of Salamanca will take your breath away- from golden sandstone with Latin inscription to the Renaissance, the monumental highlights are many. Though the golden illumination of Plaza Mayor at nighttime is an unforgettable highlight, this is also Castilla’s liveliest city, home to a massive student population that fills the streets at night and provides the city with endless vitality.
FOODS TO TRY:
Salty, oven-baked pastry stuffed with ham, sausage, bacon, cooked egg, and sometimes even chicken.
Students of University of Salamanca, the oldest in Spain and third oldest in the world, are greeted with the old legend of the frog on the skull. It is presented as a challenge, that the students must spot the frog on the skull on the façade of the University, otherwise they will not be able to graduate as doctors. Tourists visit, stare and point at it and try to find it to attract good luck. So two issues arise: One, finding the frog and two, understanding why it’s there.
- Museo de Art Nouveau y Art Deco Stunning collections of sculpture, paintings and art deco/nouveau pieces in a Modernista house.
- Plaza Mayor The awe inspiring main square, often considered to be Spain’s most beautiful central plaza.
- Catedral Nueva A late Gothic cathedral that towers over the city, with a baroque dome visible from almost every angle.
- Casa de las Conchas One of the city’s most endearing buildings, it’s named for the 300 scallp shells clinging to its exterior.
- Puerta de la Torre Tower at the southwestern point of the Catedral Nueva’s facade, offering a beautiful viewpoint over the city.
Hop-on Hop-off Passes
Already booked? Go to MyTrip and start your journey
The best value option
for shorter trips.
- 1 Week to 3 Month Passes Available
- Full access to MyTrip vacation planner
- Travel between any of the 47 Destinations
- Free Itinerary Planning Service
The unlimited flexible option for
the independent traveller.
- Unlimited travel from May until October 2018
- Our Worldwide Top Selling Pass
- Unbeatable value for longer trips
- And includes everything featured in Timed Passes
Want to know more about how the Hop-on Hop-off network works? Check out some of the frequently asked questions to help you out.