Our coach will pick-up and drop-off passengers from:
Bluesock Hostels Porto R. de São João 40, 4050-492 Porto, Portugal
Porto Optional Activities & Excursions
Free Walking Tour
The beautiful historic centre of Porto has been a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1996 but Portugal’s second largest city has been contributing to world history for centuries. Porto has given us the Age of Discovery, Port wine and some would say even Harry Potter! It is an unforgettable city of hidden Baroque churches, Art Nouveau masterpieces, the iconic Dom Luis I bridge and cutting-edge street art.
- Company: Sandemans New Europe
- Tour Name: Free Walking Tour
- Busabout Price: FREE (tips-based)
- Normal Price: N/A
Must See & Do
This oft overlooked city has not forgotten its past, but it’s looking firmly into the future. Humble yet opulent Porto entices even the most ambivalent visitor with its chaotic medieval centre, mouth watering food and wine, and charismatic locals. Beyond the historical centre, contemporary architects leave their stamp on the city’s skyline. Winging Porto into the 21st century is Álvaro Siza Vieira’s crisply minimalist Museu de Arte Contemporânea and Rem Koolhaas’ daringly iconic Casa da Música. Public art is everywhere, from azulejos (hand-painted tiles) glamming up the metro to street art tattooed across crumbling medieval walls.
FOODS TO TRY:
A gut-busting monster of an open sandwich made with linguiça (garlicky smoked pork sausage), roast meat and ham, topped with cheese and a fried egg and drenched in rich beer sauce.
This bookstore’s neo-Gothic façade hides a beautiful Art Nouveau interior, with a stained glass ceiling, carved wood paneling, and a breathtaking, curvaceous staircase that stretches across the store. Opened in 1906, Livraria Lello is an established bookstore, but it has certainly aged well over the years. It is consistently named one of the most beautiful bookstores in the world.
- Cais de Gaia The city's postcard skyline and the birthplace of one of the world's most famous wines.
- Serralves Museum Two buildings that are as much a work of art as the collections they exhibit inside, surrounded by a magnificent park.
- Casa Da Musica An architectural masterwork by world-renowned architect Rem Koolhaas.
- Sao Francisco Church One of Europe’s most lavish church interiors, almost completely covered in gold.
- Cais Da Ribeira Atmospheric, colourful, World Heritage listed medieval riverfront district.
Hop-on Hop-off Passes
Already booked? Go to MyTrip and start your journey
Want to know more about how the Hop-on Hop-off network works? Check out some of the frequently asked questions to help you out.