Our coach will pick-up and drop-off passengers from:
Koisi Hostel Paseo de Heriz 38, 20008 Donostia / San Sebastian, Gipuzkoa
|Trip runs between 02 Jun - 02 Oct, 2018 in every 2 days.
Next departure from Madrid to Lisbon is on Sat, 2 Jun.
⇢ 1 optional stop in this trip
Must See & Do
Spain's capital is a vibrant place, the hub of the country's government and commerce, and an exciting city bubbling over with creativity. Madrid may not have the effortless elegance of European capitals like Paris or Rome, but it has a raw energy that is infectious. Explore the old streets of the centre, relax in the plazas, soak up the culture in excellent art museums and experience the city's legendary nightlife.
FOODS TO TRY:
A traditional, chickpea based stew prepared with meat and vegetables. It probably has its origins in the slow cooking Jewish meals prepared for Shabbat.
Right near the San Miguel market in the centre of Madrid is a hidden building where you can obtain cookies baked by nuns using ancient recipes- from as far back as Roman times, the story goes. It might take a bit of Spanish and detective work, but we guarantee, it’s worth it.
- Palacio Real/Royal Palace The magnificent, 3,418 room palace is the largest in Europe by floor area, and the official residence of the Spanish royal family.
- Parque de Buen Retiro Huge city park with a lake and boats for hire and a crystal pavilion to lift your spirits when city life is a bit much.
- Puerta del Sol One of the busiest squares in the city, also the centre (Km 0) of the Spanish road network.
- Reina Sofía Museum of Art Just one of Madrid’s world class art museums, where you’ll find a lot of work by Spanish artists, and Picasso’s famed ‘Guernica’.
- Plaza Mayor Madrid’s main square which has been a marketplace, execution square, and even a bull ring.
Hop-on Hop-off Passes
Already booked? Go to MyTrip and start your journey
The best value option
for shorter trips.
- 1 Week to 3 Month Passes Available
- Full access to MyTrip vacation planner
- Travel between any of the 47 Destinations
- Free Itinerary Planning Service
The unlimited flexible option for
the independent traveller.
- Unlimited travel from May until October 2018
- Our Worldwide Top Selling Pass
- Unbeatable value for longer trips
- And includes everything featured in Timed Passes
Want to know more about how the Hop-on Hop-off network works? Check out some of the frequently asked questions to help you out.