Our coach will pick-up and drops-off passengers from:
Louisenstraße 77, 01099 Dresden, Germany
|Trip runs between 03 May - 10 Oct, 2018 in every 2 days.
Next departure from Dresden to Prague is on Thu, 3 May.
Must See & Do
In life, Dresden was famous throughout Europe as 'Florence on the Elbe', owing to the efforts of Italian artists, musicians, actors and master craftsmen who flocked to the court of Augustus the Strong, bestowing countless masterpieces upon the city. In death, Dresden became even more famous. Shortly before the end of WWII, Allied bombers blasted and incinerated much of the historic centre, a beautiful jewel-like area dating from the 18th century. More than 35,000 people died, and in bookshops throughout town you can find books showing the destruction (or read about it in Kurt Vonnegut's classic Slaughterhouse Five). Rebuilding began under the communist regime in the 1950s and accelerated greatly after reunification.
FOODS TO TRY:
Anything milk based
Pfunds Mölkerei was named ‘The Most Beautiful Milk Shop in the World’, so not only is it full of delicious dairy products, but it’s like taking a step back in time.
Kunsthofpassge singing drain pipes
When the rain starts to fall, this colorful drain and gutter system in the Neustadt Kunsthofpassage turns into a charming musical instrument.
- The Zwinger Palace Once the palace of the Saxon royalty, the Zwinger complex is now home to three different museums.
- Frauenkirche The symbol of Dresden, the Church of Our Lady has finally been completely reconstructed since it was severely damaged during WWII.
- Transparent Volkswagen Factory An exhibition space recently reopened as a ‘showcase for electromobility’.
- Großer Garten Baroque style public park in the centre of the city.
- Deutsches Hygiene-Museum Fascinating medical museum founded by a mouthwash magnate, with attractions such as a 1950s X-ray machine and a ‘glass woman.’
Hop-on Hop-off Passes
Already booked? Go to MyTrip and start your journey
The best value option
for shorter trips.
- 2 Week to 3 Month Passes Available
- Full access to MyTrip vacation planner
- Travel between any of the 47 Destinations
- Free Itinerary Planning Service
The unlimited flexible option for
the independent traveller.
- Unlimited travel from May until October 2018
- Our Worldwide Top Selling Pass
- Unbeatable value for longer trips
- And includes everything featured in Timed Passes
Want to know more about how the Hop-on Hop-off network works? Check out some of the frequently asked questions to help you out.