Our coach will pick-up and drops-off passengers from:
Wombat’s City Hostel Budapest
Budapest, Király u. 20, 1061 Hungary
|Trip runs between 16 May - 09 Oct, 2018 in every 2 days.
Next departure from Budapest to Split is on Wed, 16 May.
⇢ 1 optional stop in this trip
Must See & Do
Everyone loves Budapest, and for good reason. For the architecture, romance and potent palinka. For the rickety trams and hot springs combined with a sad history, spoken by a beautiful but impenetrable language, and for a people who live life to the fullest. Witness the bullet holes and shrapnel pockmarks on buildings from WWII and the 1956 Uprising. Float past the glittering lights of Parliament House on the Danube. Budapest is a story that needs to be told, and one you will never forget.
FOODS TO TRY:
The quintessential Hungarian street snack, langos is a piece of deep fried bread normally served with sour cream and cheese, though there are other toppings available too.
Sealed for years under the Communist government, since 1991 the cave church under Gellert hill has been open and under the care of the Pauline monks. The main attraction is the Black Madonna.
- Buda Castle Hill The historical palace complex of Hungarian Kings, the view from up here will also knock your socks off
- St. Stephens Basilica Basilica named for St Stephen, the first King of Hungary. His mummified right hand is said to be housed in the reliquary.
- Parliament Building The third largest parliament in the world, it’s the seat of the Hungarian National Assembly and also houses the crown jewels.
- Széchenyi Baths/Bath Houses A trip to the baths is essential in this city, built over almost 125 thermal springs. The Szechenyi Bath House is one of the biggest and best.
- Central Market This restored neo-gothic hall is where you can try a lot of Hungarian specialties and pick up souvenirs.
Hop-on Hop-off Passes
Already booked? Go to MyTrip and start your journey
The best value option
for shorter trips.
- 2 Week to 3 Month Passes Available
- Full access to MyTrip vacation planner
- Travel between any of the 47 Destinations
- Free Itinerary Planning Service
The unlimited flexible option for
the independent traveller.
- Unlimited travel from May until October 2018
- Our Worldwide Top Selling Pass
- Unbeatable value for longer trips
- And includes everything featured in Timed Passes
Want to know more about how the Hop-on Hop-off network works? Check out some of the frequently asked questions to help you out.