Our coach will pick-up and drops-off passengers from:
Prim Kalea, 13, 48006 Bilbo, Bizkaia, Spain
|Trip runs between 04 Jun - 04 Oct, 2018 in every 2 days.
Next departure from Bilbao to San Sebastian is on Mon, 4 Jun.
Must See & Do
Years of playing second fiddle to San Sebastian are over- Bilbao is the de facto capital of the Basque region, and since the 1997 opening of Frank Gehry’s gleaming titanium Guggenheim Museum, it’s been full steam ahead for this one time industrial giant. It might not win any prizes for physical beauty, but it will slowly win you over with its cultural richness, cosmopolitan flair, and world class food.
FOODS TO TRY:
The combination of Bilbao’s Bay of Biscay location and the strong Basque food culture is a match made in heaven. Think anchovies, cod, hake, sardines and squid.
Bilbao Fine Arts Museum
It’s not all about the Guggenheim, and the Fine Arts museum is everything the Guggenheim isn’t. It’s smaller and more modest; it has dozens of small rooms packed with etchings, sculptures, and paintings from a variety of artists, and it’s free every Wednesday.
- Guggenheim Museum The main attraction of Bilbao, this art museum is also one of the most important contemporary buildings in the world.
- Casco Viejo (Old Town) Mostly pedestrian, colourful neighbourhood that is packed full of pintxos bars and narrow streets.
- Arriaga Theatre Bilbao’s oldest theatre, named after the Basque composer Juan Crisóstomo Arriaga, known as the “Spanish Mozart,” who died at the age of 19.
- El Ensanche and Gran Via El Ensanche or ‘the expansion’ is the business district, and most cosmopolitan area of the city. The Gran Via crosses the neighbourhood.
- La Ribera Market The largest indoor market in Europe.
Hop-on Hop-off Passes
Already booked? Go to MyTrip and start your journey
The best value option
for shorter trips.
- 2 Week to 3 Month Passes Available
- Full access to MyTrip vacation planner
- Travel between any of the 47 Destinations
- Free Itinerary Planning Service
The unlimited flexible option for
the independent traveller.
- Unlimited travel from May until October 2018
- Our Worldwide Top Selling Pass
- Unbeatable value for longer trips
- And includes everything featured in Timed Passes
Want to know more about how the Hop-on Hop-off network works? Check out some of the frequently asked questions to help you out.