When Tours Become One
Ancona is a major link up spot. You can use its port to link up with our Croatia Sailing, Cruise To The Beat and Greek Sailing trips. After visiting Venice, Ancona may seem a little drab and lacking in things to do. But in reality Italy's largest mid-Adriatic ferry port is pretty interesting. The town has a fascinating history, a handful of sights to warrant an extra day or two, and the downtown area is very pedestrian friendly.There are two distinct parts to Ancona: the modern sprawl around the train station and the old centre further up the hill.
- Explore the picturesque streets of the old town, then treat yourself to some refreshing gelato!
- Marvel at the 11th century Romanesque Cathedral (Duomo di Ancona)
- Check out the Arch of Trajan in the port, an 18.5 metre high Roman triumphal arch, dating from 114 AD. Make sure you visit at sunset for amazing harbour views.
- Take a ferry ride over to the Greek or Croatian Islands.
- Enjoy some of the freshest seafood and chill out in the sun on one of the many beautiful beaches.
Great local vibe and perfect way to link to Busabout's Croatia Sailing Trips espically if you are short on time."